Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Roanoke High School Students of Virginia
It is important to look at new ways of increasing company competitiveness and achieving better results during your processes and not only in the professional or business area but also in a personal one. If people find the right method or methods, they can be used by both professionals and students to increase their career opportunities and open doors. LSS is the best methodology to start with since it will allow you to solve most problems that both individuals and companies face at some time in their lives. We can provide training and certification at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Roanoke High School Students of Virginia since we understand the methodology’s value.
Contrary to popular belief, the method is not new. This methodology has been in use in many industries for the past 30 years, and in the last ten years, practitioners have used it to solve their own problems and not only help businesses and companies with continuous improvement.
Lean 6 Sigma was founded in the late 1980s. It has been widely applied since then to reduce waste, improve productivity and increase efficiency. Other principles can be added depending on the origin of the methodology and how you work with it.
It is crucial to learn the methodology and then get trained in order for people to implement it. Not just understanding and following a framework but also knowing how to adapt it to the needs of the individual or company.
Let’s be very clear: You must set clear goals and objectives that reduce waste and eliminate variations. This methodology must also consider other aspects, such as customer satisfaction or solving problems.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and this can become even more difficult when it is for a personal project or purpose.
At Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Roanoke, our team has all the tools and options to help you learn LSS and then ensure you can implement it yourself. Companies have the option to either hire us to create programs for their employees or to have one of our consultants do it for them.
What can we do for you? These services and solutions can all be provided to you as either a group, school, business, or individual:
- Yellow Belt Training & Green Belt Training.
- All of our belts are available so you can get certified in Lean Six Sigma.
- LSS for high school, school boards, and all students.
- LSS for community college.
- Individuals, groups, and companies can also get additional leadership excellence and innovation consulting.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS has existed since the 1980s, and not many people know how the methodology works or how it came to be.
First, Lean Six Sigma is not what most people think. It’s not a unique methodology that someone invented out of thin air but, instead, a combination of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
This was created to be as competitive and as customer-friendly as the Japanese Kaizen process for process improvement and customer service. Japan’s companies had great success with their products and services while also satisfying clients in every way possible.
How do you choose which method to use if LSS can be obtained from two different methods? This is a valid question considering that both Six Sigma and Lean are great methodologies to implement individually, but they aren’t as comprehensive and flexible as LSS.
It is important to understand the components and principles of each methodology if you want to understand how it works, but LSS also sets new standards by combining them all.
Let’s answer the question: What are Six Sigma and Lean?
Lean focuses on reducing waste and helping businesses and companies increase productivity and efficiency. To use this method, a company must be capable of understanding and anticipating the process.
What is Lean referring to as “waste,” though? Any element, talent, material, or aspect that slows down lowers efficiency, or raises production costs is considered waste. This could result in additional steps, which can lead to more variants.
Companies must manage eight types of waste. These include waiting, unutilized talent, and defective transportation. Lean allows you to see the same waste in your own process when you use it, as it has been shown by practitioners that it is a matter of how to work around the methodology.
Now, Six Sigma is a collection of tools and principles that can help businesses reduce variation and get the products and services they want. This requires that you address the root cause of the problem or issues in your cycles and operations.
The DMAIC structure can be used by companies to eliminate variation. This structure can also be utilized for personal projects depending on how the practitioner handles them.
Based on this, LSS works by combining elements and principles from both methods but adds new ones to make it more customizable. We must, however list the most common and important elements that LSS has adopted to give you an idea of how it works:
- Focus on the client/customer and work hard.
- Find the problem, then find a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks and eliminate variations
- Employee engagement can be increased.
- For a company to succeed, it must be flexible and adaptable.
LSS and its integration are best described as a matter involving flow and circumstance, not as an attempt to create a strategy. You can decide if additional resources, practices, or methods are necessary for the implementation.
Why Is Lean Six Sigma Important?
This is the most frequent question we receive from clients when they are considering our services.
We encourage you to ask questions and share your doubts in order to help you understand why LSS is the best option.
To answer the current one, we remind you that all those people can use LSS:
- A company or business.
- A person who wants to improve their career and acquire valuable skills.
LSS for companies and businesses is about improving processes and making them more productive, as we’ve already discussed.
LSS might seem redundant when there are so many options like Six Sigma or Lean, but it offers many benefits:
- Lean Six Sigma can help you achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- It’s cheaper and takes less time to achieve the desired results.
- It can be used to solve company problems or address other business needs.
- This will allow you to build a constantly improving culture for your future success.
- It is available to all types of businesses, regardless of their size.
What about those who train for their own personal use?
Learn the basics of LSS to boost your career since it involves many skills and structures. These are the main benefits you can expect as a business professional or student:
- You can earn credits towards your graduation from high school or college.
- There are better job opportunities.
- Any industry or company can benefit from your expertise.
- Learn how to manage teams and projects.
- Learn how to work under pressure.
- This course will provide you with hands-on experience in quality management.
- Your curriculum will be more attractive.
- This can help you build your career.
How We Help You & All Companies
LSS encompasses many aspects, including the belt in which you will be trained and certified.
Our team, Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Roanoke, based on your goals, can help you determine the right belt or level. This will allow you to achieve all your goals without having to compromise your budget or time.
Depending on your preferences and requirements
, we can also provide LSS training to your employees.
The client must choose a belt level to train in. These are the highest-level belts that we offer today:
- Yellow belt: This belt focuses on basic concepts and principles, data collection, and general structures. These tools are useful for smaller tasks such as data analysis or measuring projects.
- Six Sigma tools, Lean Six Sigma principles, and Six Sigma tools are the topics and elements of green belts. These tools are explained in detail so that you can work on large-scale projects. However, for this belt, it is recommended and needed to complete a yellow belt first.
Anybody who has been trained in these belts is eligible to apply for the positions and fill the vacancies depending on the possibilities. However, one thing is missing: LSS Belt certification.
Our company can issue the certification, and any of the certificates will be recognized worldwide as an official one.
What Can You Learn from Our Experts?
Lean Six Sigma has many benefits that you can use in your own way and not as part of a general methodology or company. However, besides all the training and certification, we offer more than just LSS services.
One of our most requested services is Leadership Excellence. This program is great for professionals and students to learn how to manage large teams and become the leaders that companies need.
Our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting have been a huge success for many companies and individuals. They also help them to stay competitive in their markets.
These services are available to everyone. All you need is an email or a phone call to request more information.